The US Embassy in Bridgetown, Barbados has issued a Demonstration Alert to US citizens. In a FaceBook post the embassy declares:
Demonstration Alert – Issued by U.S. Embassy Bridgetown, Barbados (19 November, 2019)
Location: In the capital of Roseau and possibly near government buildings throughout Dominica.
Event: Demonstrations and protests are expected in advance of elections on December 6, 2019. Recent demonstrations have involved police use of tear gas.
U.S. government personnel and others have been urged to exercise caution if planning to travel to Dominica over the next several weeks.
Actions to Take:
• Avoid demonstrations
• Monitor local media for updates
• Keep a low profile
• Be aware of your surroundings.
• U.S. Embassy Bridgetown, Barbados
Phone number: +1 246-227-4000
Email address: BridgetownACS@state.gov
Embassy website: https://bb.usembassy.gov
• State Department – Consular Affairs phone number:
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Dominica Country Information
• Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter