The Dominica Police Service commission has promoted Superintendent, Richmond Valentine, to Assistant Commissioner of Police .
In addition, a number of promotions have been approved within the Police Force.
The following officers have been promoted to are as follows :
- Assistant Superintendent Leana Edwards to Superintendent of Police.
- Assistant Superintendent Matthew Cuffy to Superintendent of Police.
- Inspector Antonia Moses to Superintendent of Police
- Inspector George Theophile to Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Inspector Clinton Hilaire to Assistant Superintendent of Police.
- Inspector Bellgrove Charles to Assistant Superintendent of Police.
- Inspector Anthony Lawrence to Assistant Superintendent of Police
The chief of Police, Officer Daniel Carbon expressed his congratulations to all the promoted officers and stated that he is looking forward to them serving the public efficiently, professionally and effectively.
He calls on the rank and file to give their unrelenting support to these officers and to ensure a better Police force and safer Dominica.
“I wish to extend best wishes to all of them”
Carbon calls on very intelligent, healthy, disciplined and strong young men and women to apply for enlistment in the Commonwealth of Dominica.
He also stated that there is a career opportunity in the Commonwealth of Dominica Police Force and that it is a very noble profession.