President of the Dominica Olympic Committee (DOC), Billy Doctrove has defended previous statements indicating that former DOC executive board members should not be allowed to serve on any national association.
Doctrove defended his previously made remarks while speaking at a DOC press conference held on Wednesday 6 June 2018.
Doctrove said he made these comments after numerous situations arose, revealing the mismanagement of the committee under the previous executive.
“All these instances and incidents is the direct result of maladministration and poor governance. Some persons were surprised when I made certain statements during a recent radio interview. But those were some of the very reasons why those statements were made,” Doctrove stated.
He said his statements were made after analysis of the situations and incidents, that his public statements are “well thought of and accurate” and reiterated the earlier statement at the press conference.
“I said that based on what I know now over the past twelve months, I am of the opinion that no person who served on the previous administration should be afforded the opportunity to serve on the Dominica Olympic Committee again,” he stated.
Doctrove further noted that based on his observations, very few members of the former executive were actually involved in the management of the committee as a small group managed the day to day running of the organization.
“This is the group that I addressed my statement to. I don’t think that they should be afforded the opportunity to serve. And I went further and I said that not even on the national level, should these persons be allowed to serve on national associations,” Doctrove added.