The National Emergency Planning Organistion held a meeting on Wednesday to deliver critical information about Dominica’s preparedness strategy for dealing with the fast-spreading coronavirus.
More than 93,000 cases have been recorded and more than 3,200 deaths attributed to the disease globally in 78 countries including 17 US states.
- NEPO Chair, PM Roosevelt Skerrit calls media to avoid sensationalism.
- National Epidiomolgist gives global statistics on mortality likelihood; only patients with preexisting chronic conditions have died.
- Masks not recommended for general public.
- Use sanitizers with at least 70% alcohol, wash hands very often.
- Health Ministry educating all schools.
- Yachting visitors could be biggest risk.
- Protective gear and supplies well-stocked.
- Isolation and screening centres identified near Douglas-Charles Airport, Ross University and Dominica-China Friendship Hospital.
- The 83 Dominican students in China are doing well physically and are safe.
- Policy protocol document will guide all stakeholders and frontline personnel.
NEPO Meeting: Update on Covid 19 Virus
Posted by Roosevelt Skerrit on Wednesday, March 4, 2020
The National Emergency Planning Organisation (NEPO) is a governmental organization with responsibility for the planning and organization of counter-disaster measures at central level.