FeaturedHealthLocalNews

One additional confirmed case of COVID-19 in Dominica

by: - September 16, 2020
153 Views   no discussions

Coordinator for the Border Reopening Programme, Dr. Laura Esprit.

Dominica has one additional confirmed case of COVID-19 taking the total number of recorded cases to 25.

The announcement was made by the Coordinator for the Border Reopening Programme, Dr. Laura Esprit.

“Since the last press briefing on September 8th, 2020, there is now one additional confirmed case of COVID-19,” Dr. Esprit said. “The traveler is a Dominican national who returned from the USA last week with a PCR test result which was deemed invalid.”

Dr. Esprit further indicated that swabbing was done at the secondary screening sight of the Douglas-Charles Airport before the transfer of the traveler to the government-operated quarantine facility.

“The PCR test result subsequently came in positive for COVID-19 and the client was immediately transferred and admitted to the COVID unit for medical management,” she said.

Dr. Esprit said all passengers aboard the said flight were retested.

She says the total active cases now at four. “As a synopsis, the confirmed cases on island since September 8th, 2020, is one…the total active cases at present, four…the total recovered cases in Dominica, twenty-one, of which three have recovered from the last groupings of positive cases.”

The number of deaths remains at zero and the total confirmed COVID-19 cases for the period of this pandemic is twenty-five.