Six students from various primary schools across the island will vie for the Mademoiselle Francophone 2017 title at the Arawak House of Culture in Roseau on 25 March 2017.
The students were formally introduced at the official launching of International Francophone Month on Wednesday 8 March 2017 at the Alliance Francaise and sashed by the reigning Mademoiselle Francophone, and 1st runner up of the 2017 Dominica Carnival Princess Show, Jeannel Phillip.
Each student will either represent a francophone member state or an observer state.
The students will appear in competition as follows:
1) Reyanna Caprice of the Convent Preparatory School, representing Mauritania
2) Shanese Daway of the Newtown Primary School, representing Bulgari
3) Kelleann Bunche of the Morne Prosper Primary School, representing Congo
4) Daellia Couchy of the Massacre Primary School, representing Thailanc
5) Cheynel Bazil of the St. Martin Primary School, representing Guinee
6) Sherlyn Joseph of the Goodwill Primary School, representing Niger.
The students will compete in four segments; French speech, French oral presentation, French/creole talent, the red, white and blue round in which the contestants will be wearing something in the colors of the French flag and a presentation on their francophone country wearing something semi-formal from that country.
The pageant is scheduled to commence at 4PM and is one of the major activities for the observance of International Francophone Month which will run from 13 – 25 March.