Amateur Basketball Association Cancels Events
- March 24, 2020
The Dominica Amateur Basketball Association (DABA), in keeping with the national response strategy now employed to contain and eradicate the COVID 19 Virus, has determined that it will undertake the following until further notice:
- The cancellation/postponement of the Dominica Youth Basketball Program (DYBP) with immediate effect
- The cancellation of all training for National Teams with immediate effect
- Training with all primary, secondary and college teams
- The Postponement of the 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- The cancellation of all physical Meetings
DABA will provide the necessary updates when there is more clarity on the current situation and as to when we can reschedule the various postponed activities moving forward and will attempt to continue to keep in contact when possible.
DABA would like to remind everyone to stay safe and remember to follow the suggestions and guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health, Wellness and New Health Investment, with particular for Community and Home Care:
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizers
- cover your mouth if you sneeze or cough and if using tissue, dispose of them immediately
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth
- Exercise social distancing as much as possible
- If you feel unwell stay home.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 3 feet/1 meter from others.